The Bigger Premier League:
Chelsea VS Liverpool
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
SATURDAY, 30 OCT 2015
8:45 PM EASTERN TIME
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last eight league and cup games against Liverpool (W4, D4).
- They have won one of their last seven games in all competitions.
- The Blues have conceded 19 Premier League goals – only Norwich (21), Bournemouth and Newcastle (both 22) have worse records.
- Their tally of 11 points from 10 games represents their worst start to a Premier League season, and equals the poorest by the defending Premier League champions (matching Blackburn’s tally in 1995-96).
- Cesc Fabregas has recorded one assist in 10 Premier League appearances this season – compared to nine in his opening 10 games last season.
- Jose Mourinho has suffered defeat in six of his last 12 Premier League matches, after losing just six of the previous 64.
- Team news:
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa hurt his ribs in midweek but the striker could play if the injury proves to be bruising rather than a fracture.
- Nemanja Matic is available after serving a one-game ban, but Branislav Ivanovic and Thibaut Courtois remain sidelined.
- The Reds claimed three successive victories at Stamford Bridge in 2011 but are without a win there since then.
- The Reds have drawn their last three Premier League games – the last time they recorded four consecutive draws was between December 2007 and January 2008.
- They have won one of their last 10 Premier League away games (D5, L4). That was their victory at Stoke on the opening weekend of the season.
- Christian Benteke has headed 14 Premier League goals since August 2012 – the joint-highest figure in the division (level with Olivier Giroud).
- Team News:
- Liverpool hope Christian Benteke will be available despite a knee problem.
- Kolo Toure may miss out with a hamstring injury but James Milner returns from a one-match suspension.