Barclays Premier League
Monday, 28 December
1230 Eastern Time
- United have lost four competitive matches in a row during a single season for the first time since October-November 1961.
- They have lost three successive league games and are without a win in seven matches in all competitions.
- Louis van Gaal’s side have averaged just 1.22 goals per game in the league this season, which is their lowest tally in a league campaign since 1989-90 (1.21).
- They have the division’s best defensive home record, conceding just three goals.
- Team news:
- Defender Matteo Darmian could be available following a hamstring injury
- Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger returns from suspension
- Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney could be recalled after he was only named as a substitute against Stoke.
- The Blues have taken just five points from the last 27 available away from home.
- They are without an away victory in the league since beating West Brom in August.
- Chelsea have scored just twice in their last four league away matches.
- Guus Hiddink has won his last three competitive meetings with Louis van Gaal, all with PSV against AZ Alkmaar in 2005-06.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last eight league and cup games against Manchester United (W5, D3).
- The Blues have won six Premier League games at Old Trafford – more than any other visiting side.
- Team news:
- Eden Hazard could return to the starting line-up after making his comeback from the bench on Saturday.
- Diego Costa will be suspended after collecting five yellow cards.
Last six results
|Watford 2-2 draw (h)||Premier League||Stoke City 2-0 lost (a)|
|Sunderland 3-1 won (h)||Premier League||Norwich city 2-1 lost (h)|
|Leicester City 2-1 lost (a)||Premier League||Bournemouth 2-1 lost (a)|
|FC Porto 2-0 won (h)||Liga Champions||Wolfsburg 3-2 lost (a)|
|Bournemouth 1-0 lost (h)||Premier League||West Ham 0-0 draw (h)|
|Tottenham 0-0 draw (a)||Premier League||Leicester City 1-1 draw (a)|
|Date||Competition||Score||Chelsea Scorers||Man Utd Scorers|
|19.01.14||Premier League||3-1||Samuel E’to (17, 45, 49)||Hernandez (78)|
|26.10.14||Premier League||1-1||Van Persie (90)||Drogba (53)|
|18.04.15||Premier League||1-0||Hazard (38)|
Most Popular Bets
|Team||Winning percentage %||Draw|